Saturday 26 November 2016

Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle

Been hearing a lot about this stall especially after winning the Michelin Star, all the rave and sharing online~ Whenever I go to my grandparent's place, they will always buy their roast pork and char siew. I really like their roast pork as it has been one of the best few in Singapore. Not having tried their Soya Sauce Chicken before, decided to go down and try it myself!
Decided to go to the original store instead of the restaurant, oh man! Just look at that queue!?

 Can you spot a queuing Kazue and a bored Ayumi lol?
We queued for 1 and half hour! That is really.....scary ...
Feeling satisfied and sense of achievement after placing my order!
Da-Dah! Check this out~ Andy's plate look nicer for picture lol
Review:
I always ordered chicken breast and knowing how difficult it is to make a tender and juicy chicken breast, I have to say I'm really impressed with this one. From the first bite to the last piece, the awesome tenderness is consistent and yummy. Yes there are some oil but it does not make you feel oily lipped. 

The noodles are also cooked at the right texture and tasty, instead of either became soggy or harden by the end of the plate, it also stayed the same! 

The chilli sauce that comes with it, is also specially made and yummy. There is a slight sweetness to it. Something very different from the typical satly chilli oil based ones served elsewhere. One can also add green chilli to it, as it is provided. As someone who dont eat much spicy food, this one is perfect for me.

However, the queue is a killer part. As you may notice from the crowd pictures that I took, there seems to be many tourists too~ Perfectly understand everyone is excited to have a taste of this super affordable Michelin star dish, but it DOES makes me think twice if I am to come back and queue for this again. Like you know, 1.5hrs wait, gone in 10 mins? According to some regulars, they used to be able to get their food much faster, however after being awarded, the queue got worse >_<

If hawker stall isnt your style of dining, they also have a newly air conditioned restaurant just opened recently really near! Maybe it is just me, but I feel that hawker food must be eaten at hawker to have THAT FEEL lol~ Plus I think maybe the cold air will affect the warm food a tiny winy bit unless you are a fast eater? But for me, I'll love to indulge and savor my food at its best :)

Closes on Wed
335 Smith Street #02-126 
Chinatown Complex Market & Food Centre 
Singapore 050335

No comments:

Post a Comment