Tuesday 24 March 2020

Stopover at Osaka for the night

So the news have been saying that in Japan, Hokkaido & Tokyo are the 2 higher cities with confirmed case of the COVID-19, 3rd ranking is Osaka. I've been in Kyoto much and spending most of my time there and comes the day when I finally have to head to Osaka. I'm checking in late and leaving early in the morning. Yes I purposely arrive late to avoid crowd, and always have my mask on, even when I fell asleep on my shinkansen~ I am fully prepared, much as I can.
Streets are pretty empty too, but this time I think perhaps it is because it is pretty late already~
Checked in, a really pretty place~Dropped all our bags and head out~
Passed by this place, doesnt feel like I'm in Japan anymore
Some places have crazy amount of portion food!
Crab meal anyone?
Pretty lanterns~
Its very pretty when its quiet~
I must say Osaka is really loud with their signage~
I wonder what business is the dragon for?
 Spiderman vs scallop?
 I wonder if this place sells thick toast or its a resort?
When I try to take a selfie at the iconic spot...zzz
The group of guys beside me had a professional photographer carrying this crazy bright thingy! He saw that I was trying to take a selfie, gave me holy light! The power of lighting! Even my skin look so smooth lol!
Not exactly hungry but I cannot resist Mac Pork and Shaka Shaka chicken everytime I go to Japan!
Next stop! 
My all time fav grilled kani miso~
That golden color when its done~!
We also ordered a salmon belly~
Apparently, this shop seems popular~
HEY MOM! We are broadcasted on the streets of Osaka!
And yes mom, we have our mask on ALL the time in Osaka~
Another must do activity while in Japan, drug store shopping! For all your medical and beauty needs~ Please remember to bring your passport for tax-free!
Heading back and feeling REALLY tired from city hopping dragging all our bags~
Evidence of shopping at Closet Child, thank god I saved hard, there was a crazy sale where alot of things are going at 150 yen - 500 yen!!! I think my baggage allowance for this trip is so done!
Finally back and gonna shower and sleep, gonna head out very early tomorrow morning!
My sister still have energy to sit at the door and eat her wagashi while enjoying the moonlight~
Stay tuned for the next entry where we will be heading out of Osaka, riding the Hello Kitty Shinkansen, thanks to JR Kansai Wide Area pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment