Monday 23 March 2020

Maiko Makeover Experience AYA

It always amazes me to see Maiko in movies and anime, getting the chance to bump into one in Kyoto, Gion area depends on luck too! But nah, I didnt want to one of the creepy stalkers to secretly take pics of Maiko/Geisha on their journey~ One can experience the opportunity of being a Maiko with Maiko Makeover Experience AYA! It is truly an amazing experience, you have to try it when you go to Kyoto!




What is Maiko?
A cute style for makeup is used in order to bring out the youthfulness. However, a Maiko can also use an elegant style of makeup. They use ornate hairpins with flowers attached. The resplendent long-sleeved kimono (traditional Japanese clothing) and loose obi (belt for kimono) is characteristic for a Maiko.
What is Geisha?
The makeup effect is adult-like and cool. They use ornate hairpins made out of tortoiseshells. The kimono often has simple patterns, and calm colors, and the belt is tied in “otaiko”, a common way of tying a kimono’s sash (standard).
I've arrived at the Japanese traditional 100-year-old machiya townhouse!
It was drizzling when we arrived~I wore a raincoat to make sure I dont get sick overseas~ They immediately helped us with all our luggages and kept our raincoats too.
 We were also given warm towels and hot tea to keep warm while we settle down in the waiting room.
A rare shot of me without any makeup on, it will save time getting ready~
Tools of the trade
Wakana is my Make-up artist, she is mixing the white paint~
The back of the neck is a sensual area in traditional Japanese beauty standards, but for geisha and maiko, leaving that bit of the neck unpainted also adds to the sense of mysteriousness that comes from wearing the "mask" of white makeup. It emphasizes that there's a real person under the makeup whose features are obscured but not quite hidden by it.
Luckily the room have heaters on, so its not that chilly with half my back exposed~
Preparing the hair~
The wig thingy is pretty heavy!
Dont worry if you have colored hair like me~
They have so many!
Make up and hair done!
She put eyelid tape, and my eyes became so BIG!
Lost for choices!
Wakana helped me with my outfit, she is so professional and strong!
Preparing the layers of belt for the robe~
This belt is so thick and so hard, I bet you that no katana can cut through!
She climbs up and down JUST to find the perfect matching hair accessories for me! She is so dedicated~
This is my photographer, Miyu~

She is so good at posing me to be a Maiko~
I am done with my studio shoot, and given extra time to take selfies in the garden~
And of cos I took selfies, and some shots taken by Yuutsuki (my sis)~











In case you are wondering, did I left with my face like this? Haha of cos not! They have a room for removing makeup and even to wash your hair! They have everything you will need, makeup remover, face wash, shampoo, hair dryer, towel etc.
Thank you so much Wakana, for making my experience so wonderful!
Geisha and Maiko makeover experience and self photo Selfie course
  • 10,000 yen (excl. tax) per person
  • 2 hours
  • Makeover and dress up as Maiko or Geisha 15 minutes free photo time / 1 group 
  • ※This course is not included photoshoot and pictures, just makeover and dress up as Maiko or Geisha. 
  • Consumption tax 10% is added to plan price.
Geisha and Maiko makeover experience and photo shoot Studio Course
  • 11,500 yen (excl. tax) per person
  • 2 - 2.5 hours
  • Make up and dress up as Maiko or Geisha
  • 4 studio shots 10 minutes free photo time / 1 group
  • Consumption tax 10% is added to plan price.
Geisha and Maiko makeover experience and photo shoot Courtyard Course
  • 12,500 yen (excl. tax) per person
  • 2 - 2.5 hours
  • Make up and dress up as Maiko or Geisha
  • 3 courtyard shots 10 minutes free photo time / 1 group
  • Consumption tax 10% is added to plan price.
Geisha and Maiko makeover experience and photo shoot Walking Course
  • 13,500 yen (excl. tax) per person
  • 3 hours
  • Make up and dress up as Maiko or Geisha 
  • 4 studio shots 
  • 60 minutes walk in the legendary Gion quarter / 1 group 
  • Consumption tax 10% is added to plan price.

499-8,Shimogawara,Higashiyama,Kyoto,Japan
TEL +81-75-532-6666 (Open daily unless announced otherwise)
E-mail:info@kyoto-maiko.com
Web: Click Here
FB: Click Here
Youtube: Click Here
Twitter: Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment