Saturday 21 March 2020

Gion Sweets and Sakura trees

Today, my sister and I will be roaming around the Gion area to seek for traditional sweets, also perhaps we can find some sakura that happen to bloom early? Gion (祇園) is a district of Kyoto, Japan, originally developed in the Sengoku period, in front of Yasaka Shrine (Gion Shrine). The district was built to accommodate the needs of travelers and visitors to the shrine. It eventually evolved to become one of the most exclusive and well-known geisha districts in all of Japan.The buildings and houses here are so beautiful, we really enjoy walking around and exploring the little town.
Yes, it is very empty in Kyoto~

 Everything look so calm and peaceful~ Yea no crowd too!

We were looking for a particular sweet house, and google map actually guided us through some short cuts and look what we chance upon when we turned a corner?!
It is so pretty!
Today I'll be moving to another city, so I actually have all my luggages and backpack with me all the time T.T
We also saw some pretty little alley as we make our way~
Passing by a huge shindo gate~
What a beautiful house~
The exterior for this house is also really nice~
 And it comes with a little pond!
We spot our first destination, a traditional sweet house, Kagizen Yoshifusa!
Inside they have a beautiful garden too!
A beautiful stalk of Camellia beside our table.
We were given hot tea and some candy upon arrival~
This is what we have ordered, its is SO AWESOME! There is a brown sugar dipping sauce for it!
It is so smooth and springy~

Another dessert, we can literally hear the master pounding the rice cake! That salt kelp on the side is my new love!
As we were about to leave, the chef showed us the vase of sakura blooms beside the cashier!

Must take selfie!
Next we are on the road again to our second sweet store! Pass by this house is deep inside with a beautiful path~
And another house have a cute Mikan tree!
I'm that random tourist that will walk up to your garden and take pictures with your trees LOL!
And also take pictures of your flowers LOL!
Took a random house's flowers again~
What I do when I see a wall of flowers~
Reality ROFL!
We can imagine how beautiful this pic will be when in full bloom~
What a beautiful wooden house!
This alley have a lot of small private houses and no photography allowed.
Here we are! There is a little queue already~ While we were queuing, we saw customers clad in luxury designer brands leaving, I guess it must be good!
The menu
Full bloom camellia

The chopstick holder is a piece of real camellia leaf!

Walked a little more, and look ahead of us!!! In full bloom!!!
Thank god for our prayers came true!
So happy, my hair was so messy but I didnt care~
Next, we went to buy some wagashi at Kagizen Yoshifusa (Head shop)
While my sister is choosing her wagashi, I'm here admiring this floral arrangement~
Its actually rare to see a cloudy sky in Japan~
More sweets anyone?
They have very good taste in window display~
Thanks for reading up my hunt for sweets in Kyoto, I hope you can get to try what I experienced too~ Dont be afraid of trying the google map for routes via GPS, you can get to explore beautiful alleys and surprises~

No comments:

Post a Comment